college students, Bigwords.com is a conventient sort of search site that rifles through all sorts of online stores and ads looking for the text books you need, newest edition, you can look specifically for used books or ones with a buyback program, and stuff. and can be a lot cheaper, saved me $400 one semester
Can we amplify this a little please? I’m sure some of my followers could use this resource. Spread it around friends.
here are some nice things to do to waste time on the internet if you want to be distracted for some reason
and there went three hours of my time watching penguins and listening to hip hop dubstep.
This is an ultimate masterlist of many, many resources that could be helpful for writers/roleplayers.
- Improve Your Writing Habits Now
- 5 Ways to Add Sparkle to Your Writing
- Getting Over Roleplaying Insecurities
- Improve Your Paras
- Why the Right Word Choices Result in Better Writing
- 4 Ways To Have Confidence in Your Writing
- Writing Better Than You Normally Do
- How’s My Driving?
- A Description Resource
- 55 Words to Describe Someones Voice
- Describing Skin Colors
- Describing a Person: Adding Details
- Emotions Vocabulary
- 90 Words For ‘Looks’
- Be More Descriptive
- Describe a Character’s Look Well
- 100 Words for Facial Expressions
- To Show and Not To Tell
- Words to Describe Facial Expressions
- Describing Clothes
- List of Actions
- Tone, Feelings and Emotions
- Writing Specific Characters
- Character Guides
- Writing Help for Writers
- Ultimate Writing Resource List
- Lots of RP Guides
- Online Writing Resources
- List of Websites to Help You Focus
- Resources for Writing Bio’s
- Helpful Links for Writing Help
- General Writing Resources
- Resources for Biography Writing
- Mental Ilnesses/Disorders Guides
- 8 Words You Should Avoid While Writing
- Body Language Cheat
- Body Language Reference Cheat
- Tips for Writers: Body Language
- Types of Crying
- Body Language: Mirroring
- Words Instead of Walk (2)
- Commonly Confused Adjectives
- A Guide on Punctuation
- Common Writing Mistakes
- 25 Synoms for ‘Expession’
- How to: Avoid Misusing Variations of Words
- Words to Keep Inside Your Pocket
- The 13 Trickiest Grammar Hang-Ups
- Other Ways to Say..
- 300+ Sophiscated and Underused Words
- List of Misused Words
- Words for Sex
- 100 Beautiful and Ugly Words
- Words to Use More Often
- Alternatives for ‘Smile’ or ‘Laugh’
- Three Self Editing Tips
- Words to Use Instead of ‘Walk’, ‘Said’, ‘Happy’ and ‘Sad’
- Synonyms for Common Words
- Alternatives for ‘Smile’
- Transitional Words
- The Many Faces and Meanings of ‘Said’
- Synonyms for ‘Wrote’
- A Case Of She Said, She Said
- How to: Cure Writer’s Block
- Some Tips on Writer’s Block
- Got Writer’s Block?
- 6 Ways to Beat Writer’s Block
- Tips for Dealing With Writer’s Block
- How to: Make That Application Your Bitch
- How to: Make Your App Better
- How to: Submit a Flawless Audition
- 10 Tips for Applying
- Para Sample Ideas
- 5 Tips on Writing an IC Para Sample
- Writing an IC Sample Without Escaping From the Bio
- How to: Create a Worthy IC Para Sample
- How to: Write an Impressive Para Sample
- How to: Lengthen Short Para’s
- Drabble Stuff
- Prompts List
- Writing Prompts
- Drabble Prompts
- How to Get Into Character
- Writing Challenges/Prompts
- A Study in Writing Prompts for RPs
- Para Prompts & Ideas
- Writing Prompts for Journal Entries
- A List of Para Starters
- Bad Asses
- Bitches (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
- Emotional Detachment
- The Girl Next Door
- Introverts (2)
- Mean Persons (2)
- Party Girls
- Rich (2)
- Serial Killers (2)
- Shyness (2, 3)
- Villains (2)
- Disorders in general (2, 3, 4, 5)
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Antisocial Personality Disorder
- Anxiety (2, 3, 4, 5)
- Avoidant Personality Disorder
- Alice In Wonderland Syndrome
- Bipolar Disorder (2, 3)
- Cotard Delusions
- Depression (2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
- Eeating Disorders (2, 3)
- Facitious Disorders
- Histrionic Personality Disorder
- Multiple Personality Disorder (2)
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Night Terrors
- Kleptomania (2)
- A Pyromaniac
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (2)
- Sex Addiction (2)
- Schizophrenia (2)
- Sociopaths (2)
- Aspergers Syndrome
- Someone Blind (2)
- Cancer (2, 3)
- Muteness (2, 3)
- Ballet Dancer (2)
- Alcohol Influence (2, 3, 4, 5)
- Cocaine Influence
- Ecstasy Influence (2)
- Heroin Use
- LSD Influence
- Marijuana Influence (2, 3)
- Opiate Use
- California (2, 3)
- England/Britain (2, 3, 4, 5)
- New York
- The South (2)
- A Death Scene
- Loosing Someone (2)
- Old Persons
- Physical Injuries (2, 3)
- Sexual Abuse (2)
- Fight Scenes (2, 3, 4)
→ CREATING CHARACTERS
- Components of Your Biographies
- Character sheet (2, 3)
- Need Help With Character Creation?
- How to: Draw Inspiration for Characters From Music
- How to: Write a Biography (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
- How to: Write a Fully Developed Character
- How to: Create a Cast of Characters (2)
- Writing an Original Character (2, 3)
- Creating Believable Characters (2, 3)
- Bio Formats (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
- Little Things You Can Add To Your Bios
- Connections (2)
- Bio Twists
- Jung’s 16 Personality Types
- Underused Character Personalities
- Birth-Order: Personality Traits
- The Difference Between Personality and Behavior
- How to: Show a Characters Personality In a Paragraph
- 16 Character Traits
- Underused PersonalitiesPersonality TraitsHabits
- 300 Possible Secrets to Give Your Characters
- I Bet You Didn’t Know..
- Character Plots And Secrets (2)
- Celebrity Secrets
- Secret Masterlist
- Song Lyrics Masterlist
- Songs for Biographies
- Favorite Quotes: TV and Movies
- Favorite Quotes: Notable Authors
- Favorite Quotes: Celebrities
- Favorite Quotes: Popular Books (2)
- Quotes From Songs
- Character Quotes
- Masterlist of Bio Lyrics
- Masterlist of Bio Quotes
- Masterlist of Song Lyrics
- Biography Lyrics
- A Masterlist of Quotes
- +130 Quotes
- The Quotation Garden
→ WHILE ROLEPLAYING
- 100 Paragraph Titles
- Para Titles - Song Title Edition (2,3)
- A Whole Ton of Para Titles
- 350+ Song Titles
- Para Titles For You (2)
- How to: Create an interesting starter
- How to: Make an Interesting Starter
- Gif Conversations: A Guide
- A Brief Guide to Starters
- Interesting Gif Convesation Starters
- Starters Masterlist
- Gif Starter Posts
- 46 Interesting Gif Chat Starters
- Ideas for Gif Chat Starters
- Masterlist: Jobs
- Possible Careers for Characters
- Artistic Occupations
- Martha’s Vineyard Job Masterlist
- Interesting Jobs
- Para Ideas
- Masterlist: Para Ideas
- Top 50 Places for Starters
- Writing Topics: Para Ideas
- 101 Date Ideas
- 68 Date Ideas
- 22 Date Ideas
- Popular Places to Eat
- Character Development Questionaire
- Character Surveys
- C.D. Questionaire
- 30 Day Character Development Meme
- Character Development Questions (2)
- 100 Pt. Questionaire
- IC and OOC Surveys
- Online Test for Character Building
- 30 Days of Character Development
- How to: Develop Characters
- Get To Know Your Characters
Romance (in general)
- The Little Ways a Ship Gets Build
- Roleplaying Relationships
- 8 Ways to Say I Love You
- How to: Make a Set Ship RP Work
- How to: Write a Romantic Scene
- Do’s and Don’ts of Writing Relationships
- Putting a Label on It
- Synonyms for Love
- Pregnancy (2, 3, 4, 5)
- Smut Guide: Casual Sex
- Smut Guide: For Beginners
- How to: Write a First Time Sex Scene Romantically
- How to: Smut - The Bare Bones
- How to: Smut (For Virgins)
- How to: Write Lesbian Smut
- How to: Write Smut (2, 3)
- How to: Write a Blowjob/Prepping for Smut
- Smut Guides of Tumblr
- Tips on Writing Sex Scenes
- A Guide to Language in Smut
- Domination and Submission
- Making Love
- A Smut Guide
- How to: Create the Best Plot for Your RP
- How to: Create A Plot Outline in 8 Steps
- How to: Write A Plot in 12 Steps
- How to: Write A Quality Plot
- How to: Spice Up Your Roleplay Plots
- Components of Your Plot Page
- Writing Up A Plot
- Basics of Writing A Plot
- Links for Plot Writing Help
- Eight Unique Plot Ideas
- Plot Twists
- Situation Ideas (2, 3)
- Guide to Plotting
Back in high school, I was looking up Victorian etiquette for a project, and I stumbled upon this game on a Canadian museum website. You pick a gender and then go through little scenarios where you’re quizzed on the proper Victorian way to act.
It is the greatest thing.
And usually it’s more fun to pick the incorrect answer, because sometimes NINJAS AND ALIENS pop up. I’m not even kidding.
YOU DIDN’T MENTION THE VOICES, OH LORD. IT’S LIKE A CROSS BETWEEN MONTY PYTHON ANIMATION AND WONDERMARK, COMPLETELY ON
CRACKOPIUM WHILE STILL UNFAILINGLY COURTEOUS.
I KEEP LAUGHING UPROARIOUSLY AT MY SCREEN. THIS IS A RIDICULOUS DELIGHT.
This is amazing, oh my god.
I know some people who need to see this.
I will absolutely be playing this.
I used to have 6 cats. Now I have 4.
Feeding 6 cats a strict diet was really hard, and most often resulted in chaos and injuries, so I switched to open feeding. Predictably, they gained weight. Like, a lot of weight.
So, I decided that I should switch from the cheap walmart stuff ($10 for a 15 lb. bag) to something healthier with less filler.
I went to Petco and chose Nutro brand. It seemed like a great deal. $25 for a 15 lb. bag instead of $30-$50. I didn’t bother reading reviews, because, clearly this stuff had to be better than my cheap bag of Friskies or 9lives or whatever.
I regret that more than anything.
Less than two weeks after opening the first bag, our youngest cat Loki started getting sick.
He was slightly anemic, vomiting, diarrhea. I pushed water, decided to keep an eye on him. We’re newly married and don’t have all of the money in the world, so vet trips are reserved for emergencies.
Over the next few days though, he got worse. After he peed himself while snuggling with one of our other cats, I scheduled an appointment with the vet.
The vet said that all of his blood tests came back fine, except for the one with his kidney levels. He was in kidney failure. We had no idea what could have caused it. The emergency vet a week later suggested FIP.
He stayed at the vet on an IV for 2 days, and they sent him home with an antibiotic and some NutraCal. I assumed that meant he was okay and was going to recover. I was wrong.
He continued deteriorating over the next few days, despite my best efforts (I was pushing food and water with a syringe) until the day I came home from work and found him mostly unresponsive. We rushed him to the emergency vet, told our story, and then came to the tearful decision to have him put to sleep. He died before they could give him the injection. It was heartbreaking.
We agreed with the emergency vet, blamed FIP, and tried not to think about it.
During this time, the cats had finished the first bag of Nutro and had a tiny bag of some other stuff to tide them over until I could get to Petco to get another bag.
So that’s: Bag of Nutro, break, second bag of Nutro.
Within a week of opening the second bag of Nutro, Oreo became sick as well. He was displaying the same symptoms as Loki, but with the added addition of vomiting.
We couldn’t afford to have him hospitalized after spending $1000 on Loki. That had tapped out our savings. All we could do was carefully monitor him, keep him hydrated, and hope he would eat something.
During this time, we began trying to figure out what had caused this. They weren’t related in the slightest, so the chances of them both having FIP were incredibly slim. They were indoor cats, and I keep all toxins away from them. We had no idea what the culprit could be.
Finally, after Oreo had passed, my husband asked about the cat food. The timing just seemed too weird to be a coincidence. To placate him, I decided to look into any recalls.
What I found was absolutely horrifying.
This site alone has 1500 reviews, with an average rating of 1.5 stars. Report after report of dogs and cats of all breeds, falling sick with the same symptoms, most dying, after eating this food.
I called Nutro to submit a complaint and I was met with anger and cold insistence that it could ABSOLUTELY NOT be their food and to not believe everything I read online, because they hadn’t had ANY complaints. Not once did any person I talk to even say “I’m sorry for your loss.”
I am torn between the feeling of “I murdered my cats” and “This company murdered my cats”. If I had just read reviews, my babies might still be with me. On the other hand, this company is putting poison on the shelves and denying that they’re doing so.
Pet stores can’t take the food off of their shelves unless there is a recall. They also cannot legally warn you against it. All that can be done at this moment is to get the word out about what’s happening.
If you have been feeding Nutro to your pet, and they got sick in the slightest, please get a sample of the food, submit a complaint to Nutro and to the FDA/CDC.
If you have friends with pets, please tell them not to buy this stuff.
If you read the reviews on the site I linked to, you’ll see how horrifying this really is.
PLEASE, REBLOG THIS SO WE CAN GET THE WORD OUT ABOUT THIS BRAND.
I don’t want anyone else to have to go through this.
I used to feed my dog Nutro because MY VET RECOMMENDED IT but I noticed he would throw up several times a month. And this persisted for years… we switched up his food and our vet would always claim it was the other stuff making him sick and to just stick with the Nutro. Finally, I got annoyed and started cooking him all natural food. Guess what happened? He stopped vomiting! Anyway, I just recently bought him a 4lb bag of Wellness Core Original formula dry dog food *crosses fingers*. With our new schedules, no one is home to feed him lunch so I just want him to have something to munch on. I haven’t read any complaints so I’m hoping for the best.
But ehmm I’m pretty concerned with Blue Buffalo’s ratings since it was my second choice - http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/blue_buffalo.html
Twenty-four years ago today, December 6, 1989, Marc Lépine murdered fourteen women and wounded ten women. He entered École Polytechnique de Montréal with a Ruger Mini-14 and a hunting knife for the purpose of “fighting feminism” by murdering the female engineering students there. He began his violence in a classroom where first he ordered the students to separate into men and women. He asked the female students in French if they knew why he had singled them out.
One student answered no, and Lépine explained, “I am fighting feminism.” Nathalie Provost attempted to defuse the situation: “Look, we are just women studying engineering, not necessarily feminists ready to march on the streets to shout we are against men, just students intent on leading a normal life.” Lépine replied, “You’re women, you’re going to be engineers. You’re all a bunch of feminists. I hate feminists.” He opened fire and killed six women. Lépine continued through the school, committing more murders and assaults (gun and knife). Finally he killed himself. Contained in his suicide note was a hit list of nineteen more Quebec women whom he considered feminist figures.
In response to the École Polytechnique massacre, Canada designated December 6 National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women. On this day we also remember all violence against women: we call attention to partner abuse and violence against women which is especially overlooked, like the violence so many Aboriginal women face.
24 years ago today, fourteen women died because they were women.